Friday 3 October 2008



I have finally found out the name of a song that appears on Denise's birthing tape in the Royle Family. One of the pieces I have always known it is the famous pie jesu version of Charlotte Church. However, the other piece escaped me. I now know that it is the flower duet by Delibes, part of the opera Lakme.

I have been doing the cleaning today. However, I still have a great deal of tiding out to do. A LOT. My wardrobe for one is such a mess. I also find so many of my clothes from before totally awful. When I had more weight on me I didn't wear such nice things, and many things seam old, tired looking, too big, or make me look big as they are designed to hide what is no longer there. I really want to sort out my wardrobe. I also want to sort out the spare room. When I have done those too rooms I just need to sort out the kitchen cupboard. Taking care with my clothes and appearance are really important, and make up for any unpleasant feelings that I get in the road of recovery. Looking good outside gives me more confidence. I would really like to plan also the day before what I am going to wear. I hate that running around not knowing what to put on. I must admit it is easier now as things fit me better. However, I would really like to plan in advance what I am wearing, AND remember to get my nightwear out the room as once X is asleep it is hard to retrieve it all. Another important thing is to take of my nice clothes when I get home. The cats or the sofas either cover me in hairs, or they snag them. Yesterday Poi snagged a good brown cardigan from Mango, now it looks awful, though I must admit that it already had a few tags and snears. I nearly forgot, I also near to sort out the other wardrobe that has some of my clothes in, underwair and loads of towels and sheets. Don't think I will get it all done this weekend but I want to make a good start. I have at least more or less sorted out the living room.

I will start counting tomorrow, my period has been heavy and I have felt too sick to follow any sort of diet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having a good sort out. Have I permission to throw out all your old handbags that are here. Believe me, there are none worth keeping. Don't throw that coat I want away will you.

Anonymous said...

Take pictures of the bags and put them on the blog. I will then select what I want and what I do not.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to load the still pictures onto the computer, and anyway , do you really want those bags posted for all to see ?

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to say that my bags are not worthy of the general public?