Wednesday 4 February 2009

Day 16, Operation Looking GOOD feeling GOOD


Points

digestive biscuit (1.5)
pasta with cheese and frito (6)
corn cake (0.5)
pistachos (1.5)
fitness bar (1.5)
beans on toast (3.5)
digestive biscuit (1.5)
corn cake with santé (1)
pistachos (1.5)
tangerine (0)
1 corn cake (0.5)
2 extra strong mints (0)
__________________________________________

Total 19 out of 20 points

Had my vitamin tablet

Didn't do any real exercise (But, the walking I do to and from the bus is about 10 minutes quick walk, which is 10 minutes more than I was doing before).

The bad thing was I didn't have any fruit today, however, I sometimes have some whilst watching the tele at night, but I have the feeling I will be going bed earlier, so that means no fruit. I must have some during the day tomorrow.

If the weather permits, I should be having a good walk tomorrow. That will do me good in all aspects.

I am saving money by not buying crap, some nights I would spend up to 6 o 7 euros. I would buy pringles (2 euros), some chocolate, probably something to put in a sandwich, bread... so times that by 5 times a week, and I also bought crap at the weekend as well. So that will be a save in everyway, in my money and in my health (they must miss me, my money I mean, but I do go in every now and again for some bread, and occasionally for some cheese biscuits, but I have gone from entering the shop everyday, sometimes twice, to once a week.

So weigh in was better than I thought. For me 600 grams, just over half a kilo is fine. I would like to lose a bit more other weeks, but as an average weight loss per week it is fine. I felt like the woman, wanting to hold some balloons as I stepped on the wii. I bet Dad would like to get on the wii. So now, I am 77.3, not bad, I hope next week to be 76 something, and I CANT WAIT to be 75 something, as that means I am as near the 70's as the 80's, and that feels very good. You can click and see my progress here (If you do this you will lose this window, so you will have go back to continue reading)

I know that losing weight is more difficult for you than for me, you lose it slowly and you have more to lose, so you need even more willpower than I do. Stick to it, we will get there in the end.

As for warming up bran bakes, (only do so for about 5 to 10 seconds) I think it is worth it, the smell comes out lovely, and very nice with a bit of icecream or a yoghurt. I am thinking of cooking apples, and adding some cinnamon and a natural yoghurt. Might as well have a go and see.

I am also thinking of trying different approaches to the diet each week, see how I lose more weight. For example, one week eat a lot more protein than carbs, another not have any bread or carbs at night, another cut out all fat, and see what has the best results. But whatever way I do it I WILL ALWAYS DO THE POINTS, I will just change how I administrate the points. Anyway, this is an ambition of mine, but I will have to see, the most important thing is to eat a varied diet, keep to my points and stick to it.

On diet trials they say that if you diet without exercise you lose a lot of muscle, but if you diet and exercise, you lose more fat, so I do really want to increase my exercise. It is so good for your mind and body in general. Even if I didn't need to lose any weight I should still try to exercise.

Anyway, a long post, hope you have not fell asleep. Day 17 tomorrow!

P.S. I have just had my tangerine, so I have had fruit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cannot believe that you still have extra strong mints.

I don't feel that I am losing any weight, I think I may have to cut out the bran bakes.

It is ridiculous, how can I have cut down my eating so much, no fats or oils either and still feel the same. I think even if I did not eat anything I would stay the same weight.

I am glad you are making such great progress, in all ways.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.